Wednesday 20 September 2017

Love at First Sight?

How many of us believe in love at first sight? Quite a few, I should think. We see a stranger across a crowded room and feel instant attraction. Is that love at first sight? I think so. It doesn't mean we have found the love of our lives. It just means we have found someone we are very attracted to before we even speak to that person.
Has that happened to you? I've been smitten by someone's looks and the conviction that he also fancied me only to discover when we actually met and got talking, that he wasn't really my kind of guy.
I have also dated guys who were very pleasant but who I felt I would never fall in love with and who either broke up with me or I broke up with them. Later I did meet one or two where I found myself regretting it.
Love is a tricky thing, isn't it? One minute you're over the moon, the next you're wiping a bloody nose because you caught him cheating or discovered he already has a significant other and just wants to add your scalp to his bedstead.
Is there an answer? And if there is, what was the question? The knight in shining armour just doesn't exist and we are all aware of that. Yes, we like to drool over those romantic films and novels, but deep down, we know that Joe next door or Jamie who we're dating is not perfect but he suits us, he's the one. That's because we're not perfect either. If we were perfect or we teamed up with a perfect partner, life would be so dull. We'd go looking for adventure the first chance we'd get.
It might be an idea to remember that the next time we roll our eyes over something. Nobody's perfect, not even Mr. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading old novels

 I haven't written here for ages but wanted to put my thoughts down on a novel I am currently re-reading. I keep certain novels and read...