Tuesday 8 December 2020

 Winter Walk

I love walking on the river bank at this time of year. The tide is pushing the water upriver creating slivers of silver and sable patterns. A black cormorant flies up river, intent on some errand of his own, flying close to the water. Further along, a group of seagulls float about together, mewing occasionally. Jackdaws chatter on the river bank.

On the side of the hill, the sun is setting behind the houses. The street lights come on, gold globes in the dusk.  And there is the tangy smell of smoke as people light their fires in preparation for a cozy night at home. 

I turn for home, feeling at one with it all. A peaceful evening walk at the end of a frosty day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading old novels

 I haven't written here for ages but wanted to put my thoughts down on a novel I am currently re-reading. I keep certain novels and read...